Monday, November 24, 2008

Has it ever occured to you how your passion or your favourite sport can bring you up at a point of time, and it can tear you apart just in a split second? It can really bring you far, maybe like playing for the Nationals or even going overseas with your team to have some friendly games or whatsoever. This passion of yours has also made you learn so many things, from character building to having good sportsmanship etc. But hey, it can just tear you apart in a split second when you know that you can't play this sport anymore because of an injury.
I have quite a few friends who's got all sorts of injuries, yet the most common one is the knee injury. It just has got to be this Floorball Injury I suppose? Seems like most of the Floorballers tend to tear their ACL/MCL, until now I still am not so sure about what the ACL/MCL is about. Well I hope I don't have to know about it because the last thing that I ever want to happen is to have a permanent injury. It's gonna be damn hurting man.

After playing Floorball for so long, the only injury I've gotten so far is just a sprained ankle, even though I've sprained it quite a few times on both ankles, it beats having some major injury isn't it? No I'm not laughing at those who's got those injuries, it's damn sad to know that you cannot play your favourite sport just because of a bad fall that caused this injury. I really thank god that nothing has happened to me so far, well touch wood that is. I can't imagine myself being on crutches or on an arm sling although it seems fun, haha maybe like I've said, things happen for a reason. God probably wants you to have this injury because maybe it's calling you to either

1. stop playing your favourite sport, time to change sport yo!
2. spend more time with family HAHAHA no link


It suddenly dawned upon me that this sport has taken up almost half of my time everyday, maybe eversince I joined RP that is. And if you're wondering, it's 10.29pm now and it seems weird that I'm home so early (because I normally reach home past midnight everyday). I'm starting to feel that something is suddenly missing, that's because I've got nothing to do after school from now on. Oh well, maybe like what the saying "You don't know what you've got until it's gone" can be quite true to a certain extent.. I don't know what I'm gonna spend the "after-school life" everyday from now on, of course I hope the time spent can be quite fruitful.

What I want to do now probably is to catch up with all the long lost friends around me.. I know that I've always been using Floorball as an excuse to not meet up, but well sometimes it's hard to manage especially when you've got trainings almost everyday. Hey lin, jiayu, bobby, wendy, chia min, sharon, JJ .... I don't know who I've left out, I'll try to make it up to you guys. It's been soooo long since I last saw everybody, just maybe that fate allows us to bump into each other somewhere somehow in this tiny little island.

Or maybe I should start reading again, it's been years since I last read. I don't even read the newspaper now.. I need to find a job, at least to earn some income so I can use it for shopping! I've been missing out too much in life maybe. But hey, I'm glad that at least I'm starting to spend more time with my family, not only with my sister & queen but also my cousin too. For now, I hope that my friends like Duck, Gerri, Philly have a speedy recovery ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

free hit counters
free hit counters