Thursday, December 27, 2007

Metatarsalgia

I'm feeling quite emo now because I think I've got Metatarsalgia.

Metatarsalgia is pain in the ball of the foot. Pain in this area may be caused by:

Narrow, high-arched feet.
Excess weight from pregnancy or obesity.
Excessive standing or walking.
Stress fractures.
Rheumatoid arthritis.
Wearing high-heeled shoes.
Poor blood supply to the feet.
Bent or misshapen toes (such as hammer toes).
A tight Achilles tendon.
A pinched nerve, such as Morton's neuroma.

Treatment may consist of:

Wearing a more supportive shoe.
Avoiding high heels.
Foot pads to relieve pressure.
Anti-inflammatory medication, such as ibuprofen.
Orthotic devices.
Injections or surgery, if other treatments fail.
No I don't wanna get injured at this point of time please, and IF I really need to rest for a year.. I might consider giving up.. AHHHHHHHHHHHH

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

free hit counters
free hit counters